Operations Manager RequiredPosted in Latest News, Tips & Advice on October 4, 2019
We are looking to take on an full time Operations Manager.
This person will be office based with extensive travel across the south east.
They will be expected to oversee the efficient management of all customer installations works. To ensure that works are scheduled, carried out on time, to budget and are completed safe and compliant, as well as to the customers satisfaction. That the workload is planned and scheduled with sufficient operational engineering resources, equipment and materials on site and that productivity is monitored against budget allocation for every installation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing staff rotas, workforce site requirements.
- Ensuring staff and materials are on site and resolving any logistical issues.
- Responsibility of reporting accidents and near misses are recorded in the company accident book.
- Resolving site problems, customer requests and complaints and any supplier issues.
- Visiting sites as required and resolving problems or providing support to site engineers.
- Overseeing quality assurance compliance and installation handover.
- Ensure procedures are followed with regard to staff discipline, training, current certification checks, appraisals and staff performance.
- Ensure vehicles are fully kitted out and staff maintain vehicles in clean and presentable condition.
- Ensure vehicles are road worthy, taxed, MOT, booked in for repairs, insured and any damage or theft is reported and claims to insurers submitted.
- Ensure installations are completed to budget and timescales.
- Ensure that all PPE and uniforms are clean and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that any complaints or site issues are not left unresolved and escalate to the Senior Management Team if support is required to resolve any outstanding customer issues
- Liaise with Business Support Administration Team to ensure that job invoices have been raised and that there is no reason for non-payment by the customer.
- Good technical knowledge of plumbing and heating installations in both the Domestic and Commercial market sectors.
- High awareness of Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Understanding of Quality Assurance and ability to identify and rectify problems quickly and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Excellent man-management skills with ability to delegate responsibilities to site supervisors and resolve any personnel issues.
- IT Literate with the ability to plan and schedule works
- Good customer liaison skills, able to discuss requirements and advice on best solutions.
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Operations management: 1 year (Preferred)
How to apply
The salary and package will be dependent on experience.
Please email email@example.com with your covering letter and CV.